Subject Re: FB 1.5 Connection lost problem
Author sdbeames
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "dirknaudts"
<dirk.naudts@s...> wrote:
> The reason I went looking for an IBO update was the following :
>
> ISC ERROR CODE:335544721
>
> ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
> Unable to complete network request to host "192.168.0.247".
> Error writing data to the connection.
> An established connection was aborted by the software in your host
> machine.
>
> This error only occurs after having been connected for some time
> (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours) so in the beginning all apps
are
> working fine.

Since no-one else has replied, I'll have a go. I've solved a similar
problem here by using a timer to make dummy queries of the db from the
clients every 5 minutes or so. My guess is that after our last network
upgrade, the new n/w equipment drops inactive connections after some
time (30 minutes?) to allow reuse of dynamically assigned IPs(?).

HTH,
Steve