Subject RE: [firebird-support] Windows XP SP2 Update
Author Ray Jenkins
We ran some tests here on a XP SP2 home and professional. Our software worked without a hiccup. We are using FB 1.5 and FIBplus components from Delphi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shoeb Kanorwalla [mailto:skanorwalla@...]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 9:53 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Windows XP SP2 Update

Lester,

I could not get the Jaybird Driver (v1.5) to execute queries from a Windows XP client - The Firebird database(v1.5) was also installed locally. The same query worked fine with the Interbase Interclient driver. However, a type 4 driver would be a preferred solution. Unfortunately, no workaround yet.

Shoeb

Lester Caine <lester@...> wrote:
Not wanting to be caught out the same way I have been by Terminal
Server, has anybody got Firebird working with XP SP2 - any problems?

I'm still not running XP on my own managed sites, but a few of the users
are talking about a switch because of the pressure from M$ and new sites
I'm trying to get into are already XP.

In most cases we have already skirted the problem with a couple of linux
server installations, or staying with W2k on a stand alone server. So XP
should only be a client problem, and I don't believe IE has had any
changes at all yet ;)

--
Lester Caine

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor