Subject Re: [firebird-support] Which is the best version of FB to use on HP Unix
Author Claus Heeg
Hi Craig,
Yes WE DO since almost 12 years - now we have FB1.0.3 CLASSIC under HP
UX 11 on L3000-
It is very good - the L'series is a mature system from HP. It has some
big advantages
versus LINUX boxes in terms of stability f.e. a supervisor-board
controling the machine's components;

The machine is L3000 2x proc 750Mhz and 4 GB RAM having SCSI RAID-1
disks striped/mirrored -
The disksystem spell: " I / O optimization" is 75 % of the success
story. Do not use simple disk and store the database
on it (this is true for all DBMS Oracle, PostgreSQL,and all OS ...) this
likely not good performing.
The file buffers and semaphores shd be considered (to be BIG).
I wd strongly recommend a support contract for any production system as
we do - 24/7 no downtime for weeks !

yours
Claus