Subject RE: [firebird-support] Firebird on internet
Author Johan van Zyl
Hi
Thx
Can we clear this up - I would like to place FBT.FDB on my website ( not
hosted by me in the case of www.jvz.co.za) so that anybody else can access
it.
JVZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Rail [mailto:daniel@...]
Sent: 09 August 2004 07:57
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Firebird on internet

Hi,

At August 9, 2004, 14:46, Johan van Zyl wrote:

> Hi
> GLD:DatabaseName='http://www.jvz.co.za/FBT.FDB'
> GLD:Owner = 'DRIVER=<123>Firebird/Interbase(R) driver<125>;' &
|
> 'JDBCDRIVER=IscDbc;' & |
> 'QuotedIdentifier=Y;' & |
> 'READONLY=N;' & |
> 'NOWAIT=N;' & |
> 'DBNAME=' & CLIP(GLD:DatabaseName) & ';' & |
> 'DIALECT=3;' & |
> 'CharacterSet=NONE;' & |
> 'UID=SYSDBA;' & |
> 'PWD=masterkey'
> produces this error (see firebird.BMP)
> http://www.jvz.co.za/firebirderror

Change GLD:DatabaseName='http://www.jvz.co.za/FBT.FDB' to
GLD:DatabaseName='www.jvz.co.za:<pathname on server>\FBT.FDB'

The database file can be place anywhere on the server and doesn't have
to be accessible via the internet as you have it. It only has to be
accessible by Firebird. You can also use an alias instead of the full
pathname.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail