Subject RE: Firebird install issues
Author Rick DeBay
I take that back. I looked again and the rpm has stalled with Preparing
and SuperServer both at 100%, but it is hung at that point.
Are there any lock files I need to deal with, or any other way to force
this to either completely uninstall or reinstall?!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick DeBay
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 4:33 PM
To: 'firebird-support@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: Firebird install issues

OK, I reinstalled 1.5.0 on RedHat (see previous email about 1.5.1
failing), but the rpm didn't place a startup script in /etc/init.d, nor
did it place a SYSDBA.password file in the /opt/firebird directory. Oh,
and all the directories and files are owned by root instead of firebird.
Am I in install hell, or is there a way out of this?

Rick DeBay
Senior Software Developer
RxStrategies.net
561-650-8195 x-215