Subject Re: [firebird-support] Running superserver instead of classic
Author Jaume Sabater
Alan McDonald wrote:

> It's a different install - you've installed classic - uninstall it and
> install superserver with the other install package

$COLUMNS=120 dpkg -l |grep firebird
ii firebird-s32-server 1.0.2-2.1 FireBird Super w/
32bit I/O - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
ii firebird-server-common 1.0.2-2.1 Common server
files of FireBird-RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 cod
ii firebird-utils 1.0.2-2.1 Utilities for
FireBird - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
ii libfirebird-s32 1.0.2-2.1 Library files for
FireBird Super w/ 32bit I/O, InterBase compat

So?

I used to run Firebird on a single processor machine (multiple ibserver
processes), but after moving it to a dual processor, I got this
behaviour, which is not what I was expecting.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"