Subject Re: [firebird-support] Foreign keys
Author Lester Caine
Geert Bevin wrote:

>>Bottom line - how stable are any of those databases after making the
>>sort of complex metadata changes that are possible in Firebird?
>
> I'm not making a complex metadata change, I merely automatically
> creating the initial structure automatically. Which is a very common
> approach, usability-wise.

OK - Missed that.
I do exactly the same thing with ADOdb in PHP but probably don't hit the
Foreign Key problem because they are handled 'generically' so that we
are not dependent on engine implementation. Code works with most of the
engines supported by ADOdb simply by changing the driver name :)

In theory we can then pump data from any existing database and check for
problems - but that is another story ;)

--
Lester Caine