Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 1.5.1 stable ?
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:20 AM 16/07/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I just wanted to download the latest windows installer from sourceforge,
>when I recognized 1.5.1 for windows downloadable as stable.
>Is it stable?

Yes, we're just in the process of putting out the stable release.

>Should I use it? Should I prefer 1.5.0? Will there be changes
>for windows install?

No.

>When will linux versions appear?

Classic is already done; Alex, who does the Superserver build, has
Internet problems, otherwise it would be there too.

>Aren't there any announcements?

Not until the release manager does it. At the moment, I suspect he is asleep.

>BTW, is someone working on a debian .deb file set?

For 1.5.1, not to my knowledge.

>I would be willing to
>create and maintain one, but I would need some hints, where to start, I am
>new on this.

Ask on Firebird-devel. I'm sure your willingness to help will be snapped
up by Gregorz Proposki, the previous maintainer, who was looking for
someone to hand it over to. One Daniel Urban <"Daniel Urban"
<daniel@...> was posting messages last week regarding his own efforts
with v.1.5 Debian builds.

There is a mailing list that you could join to find out who is awake on the
Debian Firebird distro: