Subject Re: [firebird-support] Corrupted database
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 11:10 AM 7/14/2004, Paul R wrote:
>I have to say that there are several websites devoted to repairing
>IB/FB and I am little bit surprised here..is the quality of code being
>sacrificed here?

The database we're talking about here suffered from a nasty
operating system crash and (probably) wasn't running with
forced writes enabled. I'm one of the broken database fixers.
Most of the databases I've seen are IB 5.6 and either ran over
the 4GB file size limit (messy, messy, messy) or accidentally
ran two different users on the same database with different
attachment strings (almost as messy).

With IB 6+ and Firebird, almost all corrupt database were
running on Windows with forced writes disabled and suffered an
OS crash.

There are a few exceptions, and we're tracking them down.

Regards,

Ann

Who's beginning to feel like the Maytag repair man.