Subject Re: [firebird-support] Password
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:05 PM 14/07/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Looking for the original password for Firebird 1.5 on Linux..

!!!! Here's the answer I sent when you asked about it two days ago:

At 05:54 PM 12/07/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi there.
>I've just installed Firebird 1.5 on SuSE Linux 8.2 using kpackage.
>Everything seems to be just perfect. A new user named Firebird Database
>Administrator with username firebird has occured. This user has a password
>that I have not given and don't know. And before being a smartass changing
>the password through root - that might be wrong - I ask for the right
>password as first time using Firebird.

You don't need the password of the 'firebird' user (and I don't think there
is any way to get it, for security reasons). It is logged in
automatically, for the sole purpose of starting (and therefore owning) the
server process and the system files.

The password you do want is the Firebird user password for the sysdba
user. You'll find that in /opt/firebird in a text file named SYSDBA.password.

/heLen