Subject Re: [firebird-support] GBAK - fbClient not found?
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:43 AM 10/07/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>When I try to run GBAK I get a message fbclient.dll not found. What
>would cause this?

"Classic needle-in-haystack question".

Firebird 1.5 GBAK expects to find fbclient.dll in the \bin directory
beneath the firebird_1_5 root. Did you delete/rename/move it? Or did you
override the default RootDirectory configuration at some point, without
moving the contents of the directory to the override location? Or are you
trying to run gbak from a remote client without reference to the docs? or
from a remote client with a config that isn't standard for Fb 1.5? Are you
calling gbak from a command window (OK) or from a shortcut (not OK)? etc. etc.

TIP: The efficacy of support solutions has a direct relationship to the
frustration level which has a direct relationship to the adequacy of the
problem description.

/heLen