Subject Re: [firebird-support] Connect to a Database on given IP address
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:10 PM 31/03/2004 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I have this computer online to the Internet and I know thsis computers IP
>address. This computer is running FireBird and has the database on it and
>also has an app which is running on this data.
>
>Now I connect from my machine to the Internet. How can I get access to
>this database? I have the same app on
>my machine.

If the server is on Linux:
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:/path/to/MyDatabase.fdb
or
theserver.com:/path/to/MyDatabase.fdb
or
theserver.com:YourDbAlias (recommended!!!!)

If the server is on Linux:
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:drive_letter:\path\to\MyDatabase.fdb
theserver.com:drive_letter:\path\to\MyDatabase.fdb
or
theserver.com:YourDbAlias

/hb