Subject Re: [firebird-support] Compress Database
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
At 23:05 29/03/2004 -0300, you wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a database (developing) that is now with 11MB but if I compress
>(Windows XP ZIP) it's down to 400KB.
> There is any command to compress the database?
> If it has a lot of insert and delete, a empty space is allocated?
>
> Thank you all!
>
>--
>
>..::
> Marcello Fontolan
> marcello@...
>::..

Hi Marcello,

Do a backup/restore. The size of you database should shrink....

Any way the file will be greater than the ziped file... data are store on
pages and you could have a lot of free space on pages that zip will compress...

see you ! (até mais...)

Alexandre Benson Smith
Development
THOR Software e Comercial Ltda.