Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB1.5 and MS Small Business Server 2003
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:33 AM 19/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anybody had any problems with FB1.5 and MS Small Business Server
>2003.
>Have written a Delphi app that works fine on a small LAN but have
>had to
>install with a client who has a server run by MS Small Business
>Server 2003
>- all the workstations use Windows XP Pro.
>
>My Delphi app uses IBX database component to connect to the
>database...have
>a connection dialog where the path to the database is entered (
>saved in
>registry), this is passed to the database control and application
>runs.
>
>My problem occurrs after installing FB1.5 (and the application
>database) on
>the server machine. I can install the FB1.5 minimum client and my
>application on a workstation, point to the database and successfully
>log
>onto the database and run the application. Close the application and
>install
>on another workstation and I get an "Unable to access security
>database".
>Can't even run application from the successful installation after
>that.
>
>Any help would be much appreciated

Have you run instclient.exe i gds32 on all of the machines since installing
Fb 1.5 final? If not, it won't work with IBX. My suspicion is that the
first time, you still had an old gds32.dll in your system directories
(server and workstations) that has since been unloaded and has either gone,
or is replaced with a renamed fbclient.dll copy. IBX won't buy that.

If this seems "all Greek" to you, begin by reading the file
README.Win32LibraryInstallation.txt that's in the \doc directory. If you
still can't make sense of it (and you could be forgiven for that) it's
documented in more detail in the release notes (that is, v.108 of the
release notes, the one in the installer for the final release).

/heLen