Subject Re: [firebird-support] INET/inet_error
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:02 PM 19/03/2004 +1300, you wrote:
>I am getting following error in firebird log I am using FB(1.5 final)
>server.
>
>INET/inet_error: read errno = 104
>
>What does this mean?

It's reporting a TCP/IP error, Host not Found. It means that your client
connection string is pointing to an IP address that the network can't
access - either it's a network node that doesn't exist, or it's firewalled,
or there is no routing for it in the network, or it's physically
unavailable, e.g because the machine with that address is down. Or maybe a
remote node trying to access localhost?

Or - sometimes - just a break in the cable. :-) Someone moved the machine
and knocked the network plug out. In Barrys Point Rd - the contacts on the
card finally rusted through? :-)

/hb