Subject Re: [firebird-support] Large Database Multi File support
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
At 14:51 18/03/2004 -0600, you wrote:

Hi,

There is a 64 bit version, but I never used it.

You could create a some aditional files, that will be used when necessary,
but there is no automatic way to create files. One file will be used until
it fills up, and then the subsequent file will be used.

There is no penalty using mutiple files... And performance gain could be
expected if each file resides on diferent disk/controller... But RAID can
give you better results.

One thing that brings on when LARGE databases is mentioned is the table
size limit (around 60GB if I remember right), there are developers working
on this issue on FB 2.0.

See You !

Alexandre Benson Smith
Development