Subject Re: Newbie - Default User and Password
Author barfingdog2004
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Edward Flick <eddy@c...> wrote:

> barfingdog2004 wrote:
>
> | I ran gsec with SYSDBA's user and password, and
> | defined a user name. I don't have it in front of me,
> | but it was something like "add user larryl -pw xxxx".
>
> isn't the syntax for adding a user just "add larryl -pw xxxx"? Maybe
> you added a user named 'user'.

Thanks Edward:

No, I just checked. From gsec help:

available commands:
adding a new user:
add <name> [ <parameter> ... ]

available parameters:
-pw <password>

and the display command shows:

GSEC> display
user name uid gid full name
SYSDBA 0 0
LARRYL 0 0
GSEC>

Hmmm, is that UID and GID OK?

And, the the "CREATE DATABASE" SQL did create an
FDB file. So I'm thinking the new name and password
are in the security database.

And I've taken another double check of the user
variables in the control panel's "Environmental
Variables" and the three variables look OK to me.

Unless they belong in the "System variables"
group. I've put them in "User variables for larryl".

Do I need to do anything with grant tables? I
remember from long ago MySQL wanted those defined.

I appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks
Larry