Subject RE: [firebird-support] Create Database
Author Pieter Claerhout
Uwe,

your SQL statement is incorrect. You've added a semicolon after the password
specification which should not be there. The statement should look as
follows:

C:\Firebird\bin>isql
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
SQL> CREATE DATABASE 'D:\Test2\Data.FDB'
CON> user 'sysdba'
CON> password 'masterkey'
CON> PAGE_SIZE = 8192
CON> DEFAULT CHARACTER SET NONE ;

Cheers,

pieter
________________________________

From: Uwe Oeder [mailto:uweo@...]
Sent: 17 March 2004 15:38
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Create Database

Please point out the obvious to me why PAGE_SIZE is not anymore recognised
in the create database statement. Did I go over a limit or something. Oddly
it does still create the database file and gfix reports no errors.

C:\Firebird\bin>isql
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
SQL> CREATE DATABASE 'D:\Test2\Data.FDB'
CON> user 'sysdba'
CON> password 'masterkey' ;
SQL> PAGE_SIZE = 8192
CON> DEFAULT CHARACTER SET NONE ;
Statement failed, SQLCODE = -104

Dynamic SQL Error
-SQL error code = -104
-Token unknown - line 1, char 1
-PAGE_SIZE
SQL>
SQL> -- Select the database
SQL>
CON> CONNECT 'D:\Test2\Data.FDB'
CON> user 'sysdba'
CON> password 'masterkey' ;
Commit current transaction (y/n)?y
Committing.
Database: 'D:\Test2\Data.FDB', User: sysdba

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ctlc1v0/M=285817.4610461.5789860.1261774/D=egroup
web/S=1705115386:HM/EXP=1079620584/A=2026128/R=0/SIG=1273vs1k6/*http://www.t
henetpanel.com?campaign=C63637E6F2434E1BA7D0CD0407238742B>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=285817.4610461.5789860.1261774/D=egroupweb
/S=:HM/A=2026128/rand=978442011>