Subject Re: [firebird-support] General question : View or Store Procedure ???
Author Eddie Bush
Hi Akim,

You can specify triggers on views. I don't believe you can do that for a stored procedure. This could be handy if, for example, you wish to make the view updatable. The triggers could also facilitate logging ... other uses, I am sure, but I can't think of any off-hand.

HTH,

Eddie
----- Original Message -----
From: akestion
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 4:19 AM
Subject: [firebird-support] General question : View or Store Procedure ???

Hi everybody,

What are the most advantages of Views compare to to store procedure :

I mean both enable selections and so you can get informations from a
store procedure. Moreover you can use variables in an easely way in
procedure.
Maybe it's a question of efficiency or speed in execution...
So what are the mains uses for views, and are the most advantages ?

Thanks,

Akim