Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: Multi processors Support!
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:51 PM 17/03/2004 +1300, you wrote:
>Just a query on the super server and multi processors... Is it only a
>windows problem?

AFAIK, it hasn't been reported as a problem for SS on Linux at all. And it
appears there are some hardware architectures where the see-saw doesn't
occur with Windows, either.

>If running linux, should I still be looking at classic server if I want to
>use multiple CPUs?

Best advice always is test-test-test. For development purposes, you can
use what suits you best...you're not going to recommend a big spend of any
sort to a customer without rigorous platform and load testing, anyway.

/heLen