Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: Problems with connections
Author Maya McLeod
Hi Yoli,

We had the same problem when we 'upgraded' our server to 2003.

We tried every suggestion out there, from renaming GDB files to FDB, to
disabling any kind of automatic system backup/restore (which is not at all
the same as XP), to configuring for Apps, rather than services, to checking
all the security settings, and TCP IP filters, and disabling any security
setting that we thought we could do without.

Occasionally we would get a decent connect speed, but the next try resulted
in it being just as slow as before (and I'm talking too slow to actually
work with, as the 2003 server runs our in-house programs). Waiting 30
seconds or so to open a very small DB App was affecting our working speed
dramatically.

We changed over to FB1.5, even though we are using a rather old version of
IBX controls, and all our speed issues disappeared, and everything is
working lightening fast again.
We have been running since last saturday, and done some additional testing,
but have so far not found any problems.

It will be interesting to know if you DO manage to find a work around that
makes a real difference, but you might find that going over to FB1.5 is
going to be the easiest solution.

Regards
Maya