Subject Re: [firebird-support] Verify Backup
Author Jacob Alberty
seems like the easiest way is to write a shell script that is run via
cron on the server, the typical method is to backup then restore to
another filename to verify that the backup worked then remove the
restored and then compress (using gzip or bzip2). sorry i currently do
not have a script to restore to another filename but i do have a script
to backup and then compress which i use for daily recurring backups.