Subject Re: [firebird-support] Large DBs on 32-bit platform
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Saturday 13 March 2004 17:55, Edward Flick wrote:

Hi,

> I have a need to design a very large database (on the magnitude of a
> couple of Terabytes). A 64-bit platform cannot be a requirement as this
> product is going out to customers as a low cost alternative to a
> commercial solution.

There is not currently a 64Bit version of FB in release state, so that is not
an optio anyway.

> I know of specifying secondary files, but this
> would require me to specify at least 256 secondary files for one
> terabyte, and thats one hell of a long 'create database' statement.

The 2/4GB restriction on file size was removed sometime ago. That being said
I don't know if there is any other issues with a single, 2TB, file (hand
haven't the disk space to try <g>)

Phil
--
Discover a lost art - play Marbles