Subject Re: More on over-sweeping
Author johnsparrowuk
Thanks Ivan,

I used to know more about it that I do now... grin.

Three or four years ago I was doing a lot of work with IB6 beta and
IBX in Delphi. Since then I've moved on to working with SQL Server
(always missed snapshot isolation though!) and C#.

I've only come back to FB with the release of 1.5 and the .NET
provider. I'm very impressed with what I've seen.

Now people have made the point about Next trans - OIT being 20,000
for the auto-sweep interval, it all comes flooding back!

Thanks again,

John

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Prenosil"
<Ivan.Prenosil@s...> wrote:
> I have different advice - instead of listening chaotic advices,
study how multigeneration
> architecture (and garbage collection, sweep, etc.) works and make
your own opinion.

> (Some keywords you may want to search for in archives: sweep,
garbage collection,
> OIT, OAT, TIP, Ann Harrison, Jim Starkey, David Schnepper, Charlie
Caro, ...)