Subject RE: [firebird-support] Firebird 1.5. Please help
Author Russell Eva
My guess is that your system is sweeping more often than necessary, suggest
turning off the sweeps and seeing if this makes a difference. Remember to
manually sweep or otherwise put sweep interval high enough that it will
sweep after hours or just once a day. Deleting 1500 records several times a
day is creating much garbage, maybe you could look at another method of
removing those records?
HTH
Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: cpis20022002 [mailto:cpis@...]
Sent: 09 March 2004 00:34
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Firebird 1.5. Please help

Dear's Firebird Users

I have un aplication with Delphi 7 + IBO 4.3A + Firebird 1.5 Final

In that aplication there are um process that delete and insert one average
of 1500 records each run time

My customer execute this option several times in a day and the database stay
so slow that the only solution is backup/restore every day.

Can someone tell me if thi is normal (on FB1.5)?
I work with Firebird since de begin and i'm very happy with it until now.

Thanks in advance
and sorry for my bad inglish.

Agostinho Sousa
cpis@...