Subject Re: Which FB code page for Germany
Author mailinglists_onlinehome_de
I do not have any real problems, it is yust that i wanted to ask for
the character set people are using for German.

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "peter_jacobi.rm"
<peter_jacobi@g...> wrote:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> You wrote:
> > im still using 8859-1 but am getting some conversion error,
> > maybe unrelated to FB.
>
> You must give us more information to look into this.

No more info on this, since no problems yet!

> Also, I consider it easiest, to test charset handling first with ISQL,
> and then add one software component after another.
>
> Do you set column character set *and* connection character set?

No, for creating the database i used ISO-8859-1.
I thought it would meet my requirements for the feature,
but this doesn' matter ad all for now.
No other setting yet.
Yust asking.