Subject Re: [firebird-support] Client - Server mode
Author Nols Smit
Hi,

I would like to now which components of FireBird must I install on the
client PC. It seems only fbclient.dll

And on the client PC, where I open the database, I think it must be
something like:
with DataModule1.IBDatabase1 do
begin
if Connected then Close;
DatabaseName := ApplicationPath + '\ClientDB.gdb';
DefaultTransaction := DataModule1.IBTransaction1;
Params.Add('user_name=sysdba');
Params.Add('password=masterkey');
SQLDialect := 3;
loginPrompt := false;
Open;
end;

where ApplicationPath + '\ClientDB.gdb' is something like:
//<Ip address or Domain name of server>:<Port number>:<Server's Locatpath
and DatabaseFile>

I am unsure of the precise syntax..

Regards,