Subject RE: [firebird-support] Client - Server mode
Author Thomas Steinmaurer
Hi there,

Firebird itself has a client-server architectur, namely consisting of
two "components":

- The server, running on the local or a remote machine, listening
on a specific port for incoming client requests, and
- The client, usually one library (e.g. fbclient.dll or gds32.dll),
which is used by an application to communicate with the server

The server has its hand on any databases, and the client interacts
with any database via the server, and not by accessing the database
directly, e.g. at OS level.

So, what do you exactly mean with "client-server mode"?

Best Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer
LogManager Serie - Logging/Auditing Suites supporting
InterBase, Firebird, Advantage Database and MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com