Subject RE: [firebird-support] gfix params
Author Kevin Stanton
Many thanks to all replies. After verifying, mending, backup with -ignore
and finally a restore, all looks good.
I have a record count comparison utility and all seems ok.
Best Regards,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan McDonald [mailto:alan@...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 4:28 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] gfix params

> I believe I do. (at least last I checked they were - will double
check).
> Kevin
>

> > My backup is hanging at the same spot as before (same log entry/file
> > size/gbk file size).
> > Last entries in log:
> > gbak: writing data for table RPT_OPEN_AR_SUM
> > gbak: 0 records written
> > gbak: writi
> >
> > it cuts off as shown above.
> >
> > This gdb must be really sick.
> >
> > Kevin
>
> The number of page errors does suggest sickness - do you have forced
> writes
> set to ON?
> Alan

Kevin - do you also have a bakcup/restore regime operating?
e.g. I typically have batch files which backup nightly (overwriting
previous
backup) then weekly - you run a restore to another file name and if the
batch exits with an error level, it sends me an email so I can do it
manually and see what the problem is - it means I can catch these erros
before they get too far - very rare though with forced writes on and no
hardware problems playing at you
Alan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor