Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: User and roles
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:07 PM 2/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
>Thanks a lot for the stored proc. Obviously, it works !
>But how can I list only the user and their attribute (e.g. Users that
>haven't still no roles, first name, last name,...) ? I don't see in
>the system tables a table like RDB$USER. Maybe is it encrypted or
>masked to avoid to see the password.

The users are not primary objects in your database. They are in the
security database, security.fdb. You can access it as SYSDBA, just like
any other database. But you can't use interactive SQL to match up users in
security.fdb with the users in the privileges tables.

If you want to, you can extract the metadata for security.users and create
a "matching" table in your own database. There you could store just the
user names (not passwords!!!) and use that in a query similar to the one in
sp_privileges - just place it first (le plus gauche) and do a left join to
rdb$user_privileges.

/helen