Subject Re: Bad query optimisation on the MAC?
Author phil_hhn
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Claus Heeg <heeg.c@t...> wrote:
> Very interessting what you found and
> thats draws a total different picture ...
> to our environment :-(
> 1) FB1.0 classic instead of FB15 superserver
> 2) embedded SQL in plain C programmes mainly for data replication
> 3) using JDBC in the Webojb.Application
> 4) Isql (did not show for a big difference in my cases) although we use
> " LIKE %XXXX% " clauses, too.

Thanks Claus,
I've just retrieved the firebird.conf file from the MAC... I haven't
examined this up until now because it seems I've never had to adjust
anything in that file on the windows platform.
Anyway, in both the MAC and Windows .conf files, ALL settings are
commented out, i.e are at their defaults (presumeably).
Can you (or anyone else) recommend any particular settings we should
try adjusting to increase performance? I'll start trying some things...

Ciao