Subject RE: [firebird-support] Linux Performance 1.5.1
Author pierrek
On the topic of Windows versus Linux. a While ago we did extensive speed
testing between the two operating systems. and came to the following
conclusion. With Firebird 1.0.x Linux is devenatly mush faster than
Windows. With 1.5.x the diverence is mush less, but Linux is still
faster. It do depend a lot on the filesystem that you use on linux and
also if you use hyperthreading or not.

I sugest that you take the time to evaluate the diverent solutions
available because What we concluded may not the the same result with
your tests. And it will differ from scenario to scenario.

In out test case we have lots of Stored procedures and very little
execution by the EXE's and we found that The fastest Linux execution we
could get On a Huge process was 3.5 Hours This was with XFS as the file
system on a quad processor box.
With windows on the same box the fastest we could get it was 4 Hours.
keeping in mind that we hade to get a spesial version of windows server
to allow us to make use of all 4 processors.