Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firbird Guardian reports in NT event log without correct event id
Author Paul Reeves
On Wednesday 24 November 2004 20:35, Bogusław Brandys wrote:
> Not so important , but I want to ask what is the reason to not
> distribute correct resourse DLL for Firebird in Windows ?
> Shouldn't be very difficult to prepare small and simple resource DLL
> including all those events generated by Firebird and Firebird Guardian
> in NT/XP.
>
> Any reason why not to do it ?

There is no missing dll and there are no missing resources. Everything
needed is already provided. The problem lies in the fact (iirc) that
there is an entry missing from the registry. I did look at this once, but
got sidetracked. I also recall that it is not quite as simple as a five
minute fix.

In any case, this is very low priority, because the event log prints the
Firebird error message as part of its own message.

Paul
--
Paul Reeves
http://www.ibphoenix.com