Subject Re: Creating two servers on a single computer
Author Will Sargent
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel Weeks" <nigel@e...> wrote:
> Why not have the same engine installed, but just use two connections
to two
> different databases?
>
> Keep the same port number...

Well, for a couple of reasons. The first is that I'm trying to
simulate an actual work environment where there would be two different
databases on two different physical boxes.

The second reason is that I don't really understand 2PC at the base
level, and I think that if I do a two phase commit against the same XA
resource, it will merge them into one transaction somehow. I want to
make sure the resources are different.

This is an experiment to make sure I'm doing the correct thing in the
worst case.

Will.