Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: Dual Processor
Author Richard Pendered
Rod,
From what I have gathered over the last few years:
Using Win2k on a dual/multi CPU box with FB SS you will need to set the
processor affinity to one one CPU (Win2k multi cpu scheduler is a bit poor),
but when set, it leaves the other CPU(s) for other processes to use. You
will get a speed increase, but not as significant as most people/users would
hope.
or the same CPU speed, you should not (if CPU affinity i set) get any slow
down, but slightly better performance.
Rich P...

-----Original Message-----
From: rodbracher [mailto:rod@...]
Sent: 25 September 2003 15:41
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: Dual Processor

Sorry - the previous posts didi not really get to what I need to know.
I think I posted the question incorrectly.

Basically a client of ours wants to upgrade from a P4 Server to a
Xeon Dual Processor Server.

They would be pretty upset if the whole thing slowed down.

So using win2000 would such an upgrade be benificial ?

Thanks

Rod