Subject Re: [firebird-support] Autocommit
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:31 PM 24/09/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>Is there a way to set a server/database to autocommit after each command?
>
>I'm using the .NET provider and if I issue a command without a transaction,
>it complains.

All Firebird operations are conducted within a transaction.

>If this is configurable, I'm not sure if it's in the database, or if there's
>an "autocommit emulation" in some layer above (?)

Autocommit doesn't emulate "no transaction". It simply hides the two-step
posting of a DML statement from the application. If the .NET provider
doesn't test for the presence of a transaction and, if none, start one for
you, then you will have to do this yourself.

Ask your question again on the firebird-net-provider list. To subscribe:

<mailto:firebird-net-provider-request@...?subject=subscribe>

heLen