Subject Re: [firebird-support] fb1.5 embedded & remote connections
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:05 AM 18/09/2003 +0200, B. Brandys wrote:
>Nando,Helen,Andrew,
>
>I'ts nice to see it's working for local and remote connections now ;-)

It wasn't working before?

>but how about incoming connections ? I must be sure that embedded server is
>not exposed to incoming connections

Think of it as like any other client. One client cannot connect to another
client, right? Clients poll for listening servers, not for other polling
clients.

> , only local and remote outside
>connections should be allowed , correct ?

Hmm, I don't know exactly what you are asking here.
When an embedded server instance is running, it is an exclusive client
communicating with an instance of the server which is internal to
itself. When this client stops communicating with this internal server,
the server ceases to exist.

No remote client can connect to this "embedded server" because it has no
network interface. I don't know how (or whether) the situation will change
when Dmitry implements the XNET solution for local connection, though.

heLen