Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB1.0.x to FB 1.5.x guide?
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:03 AM 18/09/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Is there a guide or discussion paper about converting from FB 1.0.x
>to FB 1.5.x? (I'm using D6, IBO, FB1.0.3).

No, but the 1.5 release notes (currently in draft form, included with RC 6)
will help to tell you what's different, language-wise. Some existing
faulty GROUP BY specs might fail but, otherwise, your 1.0.x database should
work fine.

The other main difference is the file system structure (documented) + the
configuration options (also documented). Pay attention to the location of
UDFs and its configuration. If you are connecting from IBO applications,
make sure you configure OldParameterOrdering to be true.

Installation details in the current distro of the draft are not up-to-date
yet but there are some readmes in the RC 6 ../doc directory that should
help to explain what's going on.

heLen