Subject Re: [firebird-support] Blob External Filter
Author mangara@orbisindonesia.com
> Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Blob External Filter
> Date: Wednesday 10 September 2003 22:09
> From: Ann Harrison <aharrison@...>
> To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
>
> At last check, they seem to me to be working. I'd suggest creating a
> very simple filter first - something exotic like up-casing all letters
> as they go from the database to the output and down-casing them in the
> other direction. Two advantages. First, it allows you to focus on the
> mechanics - where the problem is - and not on what you're trying to do.
> Second, it makes it possible for someone else to help debug.

thanks for all the inputs :)
I've managed to build and use my very own blob external filter.
Here's my version of a simple blob external filter (actually it is pretty much
the same as blob filter example, with some minor modifications ).
it's purpose is to convert upper case to lower case letters, just like Ann's
suggestion.
Hopefully this would be useful...

regards
mangara