Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird embedded DLL prerequisites
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:33 PM 12/09/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm trying to deploy a "no-install" application from Delphi 7 using
>the Firebird 1.5 embedded dll.
>
>The application directory includes gds32.dll (renamed Firebird 1.5
>embedded DLL), and dbexpint.dll (Borland Interbase dbExpress driver),
>and Midas.dll. When I try to run the application (on some Win XP
>computers without Delphi installed) I get the message "Unable to load
>gds32.dll".
>
>I'm assuming that gds32.dll needs some prerequisite dll, but what?

It doesn't need any other dll. Could be that the Borland dbx driver has
the path hard-coded to %system%; or some kind of permissions problem. Do
you know whether the app can load the two Delphi driver libraries on those
machines?

If you don't get an answer here, I suggest repeating the question in
firebird-devel, making sure to mention which version of fbembed you are
using and which version of XP (home/pro and SP-level) is throwing this problem.

heLen