Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 1.03 slow connection with Win2003 server
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:38 PM 5/09/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>After upgrade from Win2k Server to Win2003 server, the applications
>are taking longer to connect (+/- 10sec).
>Is this a known issue?

Yes. Read the release notes.

>Is there any setting on Windows server to solve this?

I can't give instructions for Win2003 but they will (hopefully) be similar
to those given for XP and WinME. Alternatively, rename the database file
to have a different extension - current convention is ".fdb" but it's not
hard-wired. XP/2003 punishes ".gdb" files on the first client connection
by locking them and performing a file-copy.

>Is there any settings on firebird side (hope so)?

Yes, it's called GetaPenguinInYourLife. :-)

>When will FB 1.5 be released for production environment?

I have heard such rumours. <g>

heLen