Subject Re: IB6 Server / 5 Client
Author daxydoggie
AS I day it is a loooong story, suffice to say my client workstations
running IB5.x clients can connect to the IB6/FB1 server db, what I
need to do is run a 5 client and a 6 db on the same box. Can you help?

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Alan McDonald <alan@m...>
wrote:
> > Can anyone help.
> > Is it possible for me to have a IB6/FB1 local database but access
> > this with a IB5.x client on the SAME PC? Its a long story. My DB
has
> > reserved words as field names and our clients connect to this IB6
> > server using IB5 clients, thereby ignoring this problem.
> > Thank you.
> >

> I would always keep client libraries in sync with the server in
question.
> You may find no problems but then you may get
corruptions/errors/exceptions