Subject Re: [firebird-support] isql doesn't show latest info
Author Milan Babuskov
Marc-Antoine Desroches wrote:
> Does that mean that if I have two apps hitting the same database I should
> always 'commit' before a select?

Not "before" a select, but "after".

> I find this quite counter-intuitive. If
> there are two applications, one writer and one reader, the reader should not
> have anything to commit to and always see the latest commited transactions.
> Is there a way to force this behaviour?

When you select first time from isql, you have started a transaction.
When you do something in your aplication, it starts another transaction.
The first transaction (in isql) still sees the old versions of records
and will until you commit it.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net