Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Enterprisability
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At August 25, 2003, 19:17, hay77772000 wrote:

> Guess I should have said running it in a distributed environment to
> be clearer, ie as a distributed database.

> Can the SuperServer do this, or does it only support a database on a
> single machine?

Superserver can only access a database located on the server. Classic
Server on the other hand might be able to achieve this, with a proper
lock distribution manager, and some modifications in the code. This
has been talked as a possibility for version 2.0. But, if willing to
pay for the feature to be added sooner, the request can be made to the
Firebird Foundation. (http://www.firebirdsql.org/ff/foundation/)

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail