Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: Date Format on Firebird 1.5 RC5
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:57 PM 21/08/2003 +0100, Daniel López wrote:
>And where can I define this format? In the firebird.conf? where?

It's not something you "define". The list quoted are INPUT formats. It
refers to literal formats that Firebird SQL recognises as dates when it
receives values in insert and update statements and expressions.

The output format depends on how your client software handles the number
structures that the database uses to store date/time types. Drivers, e.g.
Jaybird, BDE, IBO...and probably PHP... convert the number into an internal
format that the client language software uses for date types. Then your
application software provides formatting for the output.

For example, Delphi drivers convert Fb/IB date/time types into TDateTime,
an internal numeric format that is different to the db-native formats. By
default, it displays them according to the Windows or Linux locale short
date setting.

If you are writing apps with no driver, then obviously you will have some
work to do to implement it yourself...

heLen