Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: upgrading to RC1.5
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At August 21, 2003, 15:54, dixonepperson wrote:

>> TCP/IP is enough, and SAMBA is not required. Firebird server is the
> one
>> that needs access to the database, not the Windows client. It's the
>> same thing as connecting through the internet.
>>

> wow!!! maybe I ought to dump XP and put Linux on the machine. Of
> course, it would be less work to upgrade to rc1.5 <G>

> Did you do a backup and restore, should I register the service, etc

Yes you should do a backup and restore, because that would update the
database's ODS. Also, don't forget to make a copy of the database
before restoring, just in case something goes wrong and that you lose
your data. And, the best way to copy a database from Windows to Linux,
is to do a transportable backup on Windows and a restore on Linux.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail