Subject Re: [firebird-support] ISQL on linux
Author Daniel Bertin
At 05:28 PM 8/8/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>El viernes, 8 agos, 2003, a las 16:47 Europe/Madrid, Daniel Bertin
>escribió:
>
> > SQL> CREATE DATABASE 'scrum.fdb' USER 'SYSDBA' PASSWORD 'vgw6636';
>
>I am not sure but try removing those simple quotes (all of them).
I remove them different error but it needs to have the quote.

>Also,
>check if you have permissions to write on the current directory.

I'm running the isql as root, does not change anything

>Finally, try an absolute path for the database name instead of a
>relative path (and again check you file permissions). :-)
and when I use absolute path it gives the same error

Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902
operating system directive semget failed
-no such file or directory

>P.S. By the way, are you sure about the SQL syntax? I haven't created a
>database in months and I don't have the Docs here... :-O

almost positive the syntax is correct.
help
Daniel