Subject Re: [firebird-support] Domains as data type in PSQL
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:19 PM 7/08/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there any (good) reason why a domain can't be used as the datatype of
>stored
>procedure parameters?
>
>It makes little sense to me to use a domain for columns definition but
>have to refer to
>the underlaying datatype when coding stored procedures.

PSQL modules are compiled on the basis of the structures of variables at
compile time - they are not interpreted at run-time. What happens to that
compiled code if the domain definition changes? When it comes to a choice
between integrity and convenience for programmers, integrity always wins.

heLen