Subject Re: [firebird-support] IB6 on VPN
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 7/31/2003 09:40 PM (Thursday), Carlos wrote:
>Anyone has tried to connect IB6 using VPN? We want to connect two remote
>offices over a VPN.
>I don't know a lot of VPN, but a technician who is help us Has a
>established a connection between these two offices by a mapped drive.
>However we cannot establish a connection to our IB Server or to any of
>our database.

I've used a Cisco 5000 VPN connection to link to a firebird database
remotely with no special considerations at all. Should be the same with
Interbase. Just be sure port 3050 can be used through any firewalls, etc.
which might be in between.

IB comes with a communications diagnostic utility. I would start with that
before trying to connect to an actual database.