Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird-1.0.2.908 on Windows 2003 Server
Author Oliver Brockmann
Helen Borrie wrote:

> At 08:22 PM 25/07/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:29:27 +0000 (UTC), obrockmann wrote:
>>
>> > We had a firebird server running smoothly on a windows 2000 server
>> > machine with 2 xeon cpus. this machine was upgraded to windows 2003.
>> > however the time it takes to attach to a database has increased by a
>> > factor of 3 and has become unstandable for the users.
>

> To get back to the main issue and away from religious wars, why colour
> depth could possibly be important on a database server or how many angels
> can stand on the head of a pin...
>
> Since your move was was win2k to win2003, did you address the problem of
> SystemRestore? Does the long connection time affect all users or just the
> first to connect? What is the name of your primary database file?
>
> heLen

Thanks a lot! JFYI: Color depth is important not for the DB server but
for our application since it partially deals with images. users working
on the terminal server need 16M colors in order to get them right.

Our move from w2k to 2003 was motivated by the terminal services
availability. I'm in doubt about w2003's system restore features. I am
familiar with the feature on XP Pro and could not find the xml file
defining the extension for backup. do you know where it is located or
how the mechanism works on 2003. I not quite a pro on that system since
it's only up and running for 5 days now...

Oliver